Friday, July 23, 2010

Summer slacker....

Summer is here and I am enjoying long, lazy days with the kiddos.  Or wildly busy, chaotic, fun days with the kiddos.  Either way, with the kiddos seems to be the opperative word.  Which, loosely translated, means I haven't designed a blasted thing in July....  It's a quirky phenomenon.  I start to go a little flat when I'm not exercising some creativity. 

I'm also at a bit of a crossroads with my work.  Although I love most of the current projects, I feel like I'm done with them.  Ready to move on with something else.  So, I'm considering breaking up the book proposal and submitting magazine articles instead.  Or self-publishing individual patterns.  But maybe that is not a decision to make while feeling flat? 

In the meantime, I'm going to dig out that sketch pad and start working on something new.  Try to carve out an hour or so a day to work on getting my zest back.  While, of course, still enjoying lots of summer with the kiddos!
 
(The previous post links to a longer bit of writing and several summer photos on my other blog.)
Have a happy day!      

3 comments:

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I've lost my Mojo last month and it is slowly coming back. I've forced myself to sew a bit each day until I get back in the mood. After a few weeks I've noticed some new ideas popping up here and there. Sometimes you just need to let your mind wander off course for a bit to refresh it :)

Karen M said...

Probably best not to make a decision right now.

I know the feeling, though. Once the older kid hit middle school, and wanted to do more stuff, the creativity dropped way off. Since she won't be coming home from grad school next summer, and little sister drives herself, I think I'm finally getting to the end of this phase. Actually, I'm feeling sort of sad about it ending now....

Stacy said...

Loove this