Friday, April 23, 2010

love this quilt shop!!!!




I've been waiting all year to get back to this shop! The girls and I checked out Tumbleweeds Quilt Shop in Barnstable last year on our way off the cape. I was blown away by all the amazing fabrics... Kaffe Fassett, Amy Butler, Valorie Wells. And the books. Hundreds of them!

Last year, I was expecting an average quilt shop... There were so many amazing fabrics, I didn't know where to begin! I also had three kiddos waiting for me (not so very patiently). And it was the end of vacation. Guess how much money I had left for shopping?

This year, Tumbleweeds was a PLANNED visit! While my aunt took two of the girls swimming and sight-seeing, Maggie, HER BOOK, and I went to this amazing quilt store! See all those holes in the Kaffe Fassett fabric wall? Those bolts are on the cutting table :o) What a gorgeous pile of fabric... so glad it's coming home to New Hampshire!

Oh! The manager, Mary, has a blog! Check it out! http://tumbletalk.blogspot.com/ Or you can just click on tubletalk on my blog list to the left :o) That's her holding the orange bundle with the posie on top! Isn't that an uber-cute way to bundle the fabric? My ten-year-old had a bout of homesickness last night at bedtime (we're all getting ready to be home). I pulled out that bundle and showed Shannon "her new backpack". What smiles! She wants me to incorporate the flower and ribbon into her pack!

In the meantime, it sure makes a great bouquet on our table!

1 comment:

melissa :) said...

tumbleweeds is the absolute BEST quilting shop EVER. so glad you made it a destination on your trip :)